How do I find blogging ideas?
- For this 100 posts list I use Chris Brogan’s list of 100 blog topics.
- I read a lot. My Google reader account includes a little over 150 subscription and I try to keep up with them.
- Mutual discussions of work and experience with friends generate new ideas and extend my horizons.
- I follow over 350 people on twitter. I picked people who are working in related fields to mine like marketing, social media and strategy and people who are working on fields that i find interesting like photography and music.
- I listen to NPR every day – both Atlanta’s WABE and LA’s KCRW.
- TED serves as a great place to learn about various topics.
- My Wired magazine subscription is a monthly delight of fascinating articles and columns. My netflix post is an example.
The biggest challenge I have is finding the right items to blog about in a way that will serve my audience. I can not blog about everything and as the blog evolve, I will try to get it focused.