Every other week I send a newsletter with some highlights about social commerce to a group of my colleagues.
The two main events in this edition are Facebook actions (item #1) and Google’s Search plus Your World. Both will change the information that users see on these major sites.
- Facebook adds Actions to the Social Graph – This is the final piece of the new Open Graph
- Google just changed your search experience.
- The new Search, plus Your World service brings results from Google+ to the search engine results page
- This major change created some criticism and a public battle between Google and Twitter. AllThings D posted a good summary
- This is an addition to what Eli Pariser calls “filter bubbles” on his TED talk
- 1/3 of the world social networkers are in Asia Pacific. Other interesting details about social networking in comScore’s It’s a Social World: A Global Look at Social Networking
- Facebook now allows additional credit options for In-App purchases Announcing In-App Currency Offers
- According to a survey by Baynote e-commerce “social commerce has yet to deliver on its promise” 4 In 5 Say Facebook Didn’t Influence Holiday Shopping
- Facebook Rolling Out News Feed Ads Ambiguously Marked “Featured”