Every other week I send a newsletter with some highlights about social commerce to a group of my colleagues.
The debate about the real value of Facebook commerce was the main news item in social commerce this week.
- Does F-Commerce really work? A debate following the closing of 4 Facebook stores
- Gap, Nordstrom, J.C. Penny, Gamestop Close Facebook Storefronts (Bloomberg)
- 8th Bridge CEO response to Bloomber’s story (8thbridge blog)
- Is F-Commerce “Fail” Commerce? (Get Elastic)
- Infographic: Why People Aren’t Buying Much On Facebook Yet
- Stop Trying to Make F-Commerce Happen (PandoDaily)
- Social gifts
- Facebook introduced a set of initiatives for mobile web including HTML5 and carrier billing (Wired, GigaOm)
- Payvment, an f-commerce platform, launched a social dashboard for merchants (Payvment’s blog)
- Early Success Stories: Timeline Apps and Open Graph (Facebook developers blog)
- Facebook opens up Open Graph targeting options (Inside Facebook)
- How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did – Forbes’ Kashmir Hill on the implications of consumers data. Following an NYTimes article
- Fan based promotion for a digital good product: The More Facebook Friends You Have, The Less You Pay To Watch This Film (All Facebook)